With this free Photoshop action you can easily add to any image a modern Powder Explosion Effect with a single click of the mouse. Simply open your image and run the action. When prompted, brush over the focus area you want and the action will take care of the rest.
When the action finish, you can make multiple modifications to your image like changing all the powder explosions colors, the background color, adjust the Brightness, Contrast, Vibrance, Saturation add a Center Light and more. Also, you can easily edit the layer masks using the included brushes or even create new powder explosions with them and color it as you like to get an unique result.
How to install (action):
- Open Photoshop.
- In the Actions Panel click on the top right icon and from the dropdown menu select "Load Actions".
- Locate the "Medialoot - Powder Explosion Action.atn" file and click on Load.
How to install (brushes):
- Open Photoshop.
- Go to Edit > Presets > Preset Manager.
- From the dropdown select "Brushes" and click on Load.
- Locate the "Medialoot - Powder Explosion Brushes.abr" file and click Load.
How to use:
- Open your image. Be sure that is set as the background (if not, go to Layer > New > Background from Layer).
- In the Actions Panel expand the "Medialoot - Powder Explosion" action container.
- Select the "Powder Explosion" action and click on the play button.
- When prompted roughly brush over the area of your image you want on focus and when finished, click the Play button again in the actions panel.
Notes (for a perfect end result):
- For better results use images with a minimum of 2500 px in width or height.
- Try to avoid small selection areas and instead use large ones.
- Do not worry about painting your area of interest precisely, a roughly paint will be enough.
- Show or hide parts of the powder explosion painting with the included brushes over the layer masks.
- If needed, paint new powder explosions (in front or in back of your subject) using the included brushes anywhere you like.
- Play with the opacity (or blending modes) of any layer inside the "Subject" folder.
Feel free to download and use this item for both personal and commercial projects with attribution back to MediaLoot. Please note:
- Attribution is required for free items. For a non-attribution license, please become a member or buy the full version.
- You may not distribute or offer this set for download on other websites. Promotion is always appreciated, but please send people to this page.