In this pack you will find 10 gold layer styles for Photoshop that you can use over any object: type, text, raster or vector shapes. With only one click, you can easily transform a flat colored layer into a realistic gold one and choose between 10 different types of gold effects, all of them with real gold colors under different light environments.
These layer styles are just perfect to be used on headlines, logos, badges, small pieces that you want to make it look like gold or even to make a background for your website. Made at 72dpi, these layer styles will only require one single layer to achieve a realistic gold effect, but you can also tweak some layer styles settings to achieve a new effect.
How to install
- Open Photoshop and go to Edit > Presets > Preset Manager.
- Choose 'Styles' from the dropdown menu and click on 'Load'.
- Locate the 'Medialoot - Gold.asl' file and click OK.
- Click 'Done' on the Preset Manager window.
How to use
- In your Photoshop file, select the layer you want to make look like gold.
- In the Styles Panel (Window > Styles) click over any of the 10 Gold Styles to apply the choosen style to that layer.
- If you are using a text layer, we recommend to use a font with a minimun of 100 px size.
- For outlined shapes, we recommend a minimum of 20 pt stroke.
- If you want to scale up/down your final image, be sure to check the "Scale Styles" option in the Image Size dialog box.
- If you want to scale up/down the effects of a layer, right-click over the 'fx' icon of the selected layer in the Layers Panel and choose 'Scale Effects' from the dropdown menu.
By purchasing or downloading this item you are agreeing to abide by all terms and conditions laid out in the MediaLoot License Agreement. View the full license >